Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Now Presenting: The Alice Gillee Project

featuring: Dallas Chamblee(electric guitar), Dustin Gorman(drums), Joshua Chandler(keys, vocals), Bob Taylor(trumpet), Ryon Moncrief(bass guitar), and Bec Simpson(vocals)

I first heard of The Alice Gillee Project right around when my first band, Bec and the Frets formed. The reason for this meeting was more or less because Joshua(my bass player at the time) and my drummer greg both played with Alice Gillee with Dallas(the original founder) and two other members as a southern rock jam band. A few months in and Alice Gillee as it was then broke up. With the full attention of the guys now on Bec and the Frets, the three of us focused on song writing and playing gigs, also we recorded a five track demo. Things were looking bright and our confidence boosted with each show and new song. However all good things must come to an end and Joshua and I parted ways with Greg at what musicians might call the crossroad in which you have to decide if your art is who you are and therefore your reason for living. Music is what we do so Joshua and I kept writing and recording rough takes of our songs on our own. We didn’t have to wait long for another band opportunity to come along in the form of The Alice Gillee Project who just let their bass player go. Dallas, Dustin, Joshua and I started the tedious task of building a set and practice, practice, practice. Once Ryan was brought in Joshua moved from bass to keys(his main instrument). shortly after Bob entered with his trumpet. So here we are: a six piece rock, jazz, funk, blues band(as best I can figure). Our first show is this St. Patrick’s Day at the Alabama Mountain Games. We are more than ready and so excited to present our music to you

When all else fails, music speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment