This year AMG fell on St. Patrick's
Day weekend, a perfect time the go loose yourself in the woods with friends,
music and a good cold beer. Our group was the first to arrive and we promptly
parked in the first available spaces and set up camp in no time. Let the
festivities begin! The first night consisted of one group of unorganized people
trying to get a fire going and another group of unidentifiable people sitting
by the tents in the dark. Granted, they did have flashlights, and our fire was
constantly going out due to the metal bin we were expected to keep it in as to
not burn the grass. So I'm not sure which group was better off, though in the
end most of us looked up and the amount of stars in the sky was the only thing
that mattered. It was a breath taking view and in our own thoughts I'm sure we
all were thinking of nothing except the next day.
Three, Two, One Eyed Mary -
St. Patrick's Day at Boogie Bottoms was beautiful and even the heat couldn't bring
our spirits down. After a scary sound check that couldn't have ended badly, One
Eyed Mary kicked off the music for the evening with little more than a bit of
feedback here and there. Once the sound system was worked out we headed back to
camp to group up which actually proved to be a task because there are now six
people in Alice Gillee. I found a four leaf clover, we went over the set list,
waited around, sound checked, and played our show. I couldn't have gone better
for a first show either so I'd like to think there was some sort of st. patty's
day luck with us. The band that played after us was called Rescue Dogs, they
are another Birmingham band of around 3 years who rocked my face off. I found
out later that they had told Dallas they were intimidated to go on after us
because we did so well and we play original music. Taking the biggest
complement of our lives and running with it we prepare for WorkPlay and everything after. I couldn't be any more proud of the guys I have
the honor of singing with and I can't wait to find out what happens next.
No comments:
Post a Comment